MFSI is a federal contracting company with 7+ years of experience focused on providing mission critical technology, training, software development and systems solutions to our government and commercial customers.
MFSI is currently seeking qualified Information Assurance Specialist in support of NGA.
A Strong candidate will:
Serves as a Systems Administrator with the NGA Data Center Services Support Team. Maintain Windows, Linux and Unix Systems for a high visibility national system comprised of multiple servers on several networks at local and remote locations.
· Provide 1st shift on-site support to mission critical systems and user support and administration, in a 24/7 operational environment
· Responsible for resolving a wide variety of complex system failures, troubleshooting software, hardware, and network problems, and monitoring and addressing Service Center trouble tickets and ISR’s as required
· Perform daily system monitoring and maintenance, data backup and restoration, data processing utilities, shell scripting, batch processing, security log audits, creation and deployment of server and workstation images;
· Maintain system security, troubleshoots system and software problems
· Investigate, analyze, correct and test software related issues;
· Develop, compile, test and deploy custom scripting to user specifications for problem resolution
· Update softwareprocedures to validate the software requirements specs; application problem resolution
· Assist in hardware/software integration; investigate vendor vulnerability updates and patches and create/modify scripting to assure system configuration compatibilities
· Administer standalone and network installation, file system management, backups, process control, user administration, and device management
· Configure Windows OS to allow interaction between networks. Provide DNS, Active Directory and LDAP configuration. Configure hardware and software for servers, RAIDs, storage arrays, and library storage devices
· Provide O&M functions such as hard drive removal, print server configuration, performance optimization, and research and installation of current patches, where applicable install and support printers and storage peripherals
· Establish new user accounts, assigns privileges
· Manage group shares and home directories
· Participate in technical exchanges
· Ensure compliance with computer security policy
· Establish and updates procedures and documentation
· Maintain current technical competencies to recommend appropriate system upgrades
Required Qualifications: Bachelors’ degree and 7+ years’ experience required, preferably in technical discipline or related field. Additional experience can be used in lieu of degree.
· Must have Windows, Linux and Unix Systems Administration experience
· Experience with DoD security tools (i.e. SRR and Gold Disk)
· Knowledge of IT security concepts and practices is essential
· In-depth knowledge of internetworking concepts such as TCP/IP
· Working knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware or Hyper-V and/or Oracle VM (LDOM)
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with keen attention to detail
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and have strong customer service orientation
· Self-motivated and directed, yet willing to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Must be able and willing to work rotating day shifts as required by customer and mission
· Experience with NGA programs (specifically Library support) and facilities is desired
Shift: Panama days
Location: MO - Arnold
Security Clearance: TS/SCI
IA Certification: Security+
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible. MFSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.