MFSI is a federal contracting company with 7+ years of experience focused on providing mission critical technology, training, software development and systems solutions to our government and commercial customers.
MFSI is currently seeking qualified Information Assurance Specialist in support of NGA.
A Strong candidate will:
Serves as Systems Engineer with the Cloud Services Team, providing oversight across a wide array of Operational Systems and Projects. This includes systems administration, integration, and troubleshooting systems and software problems; establishing and updating procedures and documentation; and providing direct customer support Government customer’s Cloud architecture and systems. The Cloud Services Systems Engineer will support Government customer’s cloud initiatives, which include, but are not limited to the following activities:
· Engineer, Implement and transition to operations enterprise class solutions that support the needs of Government customer’s Application Service Providers (ASP).
· Provide Tier III support to ASPs and operational staff as it relates to Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, VMware and Enterprise provided services.
· Review existing manual processes in both public and private cloud environments and recommend and implement solutions to automate and unify them.
· Analyze existing tools, potentially consolidate them based on capabilities and/or introduce new tools to assist in providing configuration management, capacity management, etc. capabilities across organization’s public and private cloud environments
· Assist in the design, implementation and sustainment of foundational Amazon Machine Images (AMI) and/or templates across organization’s cloud environments that provide the foundation for ASPs self-provisioning capability and that incorporate and/or bootstrap all necessary enterprise tools
· Candidate will be fast paced team player that can assist the organization in attaining their operational goals through innovative solutions and have the technical breadth and experience to assist them in identifying and achieving their strategic ones
· Ability and willingness to proactively identify requirements and prioritize and complete them
· Assist in taking complex problems and identifying automated solutions to solve them
· Assist in the process of analyze and determining the feasibility of moving applications to the cloud
· Assist in research and identifying solutions to move and synchronize large files and datasets quickly and securely
- Analyze datasets within current environment and identify alternate and/or more efficient solutions to store the data such as object storage, NoSQL, etc.
- Interface point of contact for the site user community
- Interface with site Help Desk and trouble reporting system
- Provide problem information so that DRs can be opened.
- In-depth troubleshooting and timely support through visual inspection and user interaction
- Submit DRs for problems and provide Technical Investigation updates as more information is discovered.
- Maintain current technical competencies to recommend appropriate system upgrades
- Participate in technical exchanges
- Ensure compliance with computer security policy
- Processes and procedures are developed and refined
- Competent in ITIL practices
- Requires the ability to resolve conflicts and the willingness to foster teambuilding
- Must be able to lead by example and instill confidence for others to follow
Required Qualifications: For the EL2 grade, Bachelors’ degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, and 3-4 years’ of relevant work experience or equivalent relevant work experience.
· Proficient in Linux System Design, Automation and Operations
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite of products
· Knowledge of Networking and Distributed Systems
· Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to include CLI and SDKs
· General experience with Enterprise Patch Management Systems
· General experiencing with Chef and/or Puppet and subsequent Ruby or Python languages
Location: VA-Chantilly/MO-St. Louis
Security Clearance: TS/SCI
IA Certification: Security+
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible. MFSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.