MFSI is a federal contracting company with 7+ years of experience focused on providing mission critical technology, training, software development and systems solutions to our government and commercial customers.
MFSI is currently seeking qualified Information Assurance Specialist in support of NGA.
A Strong candidate will:
The Database Administrator Specialist support includes integration of COTS products with Oracle and SQL, database maintenance including routine backups, management of development and test database instances, document system configuration changes, proactive coordination with system administrators in the event of backup or system failure, custom specific tasks and procedures, reviewing alert logs, reviewing database activity, ad hoc support of database issues. DBAs support production databases and working databases. In addition, ability to interoperate with Virtual Servers and database instances is highly desirable
· Provide 24x7 on-call support to mission critical systems and user support
· Responsible for installing software and maintenance of Enterprise databases, testing and applying release updates, monitoring, managing, and maintaining backup and recovery schedules for database servers using various back-up tools,
· Maintain data access control policies and ensure compliance with Government audit policies, reviews, tests and applies database and database server patches.
· Monitor database performance, working with other team members to improve overall performance, enforcing database policies and procedures, and
· Provide database administration for developers and team members.
· Enforce database policies and procedures
· Responsible for resolving a wide variety of complex system failures, troubleshooting software, hardware, and network problems, and monitoring and addressing Service Center trouble tickets as required
· Conduct preventative maintenance, system backups and restores
· Create and modify user accounts as needed
· Provide weekly status reports and report meaningful metrics
· Participate in technical exchanges
· Ensure compliance with computer security policy
· Participate in outage coordination briefings
· Assist users with database problems
· Ensure proper labeling of database components
· Facilitate external monitoring by the ESC
· Maintain system documentation
Required Qualifications: Bachelors’ degree and 5+ years’ experience required, preferably in technical discipline or related field. Additional experience can be used in lieu of degree.
· Knowledge of Oracle and SQL software and maintenance of Enterprise databases, testing and applying Oracle and SQL release updates
· Knowledge of Solaris 9 and newer
· Familiar with Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), Linux, UNIX and systems administration
· Knowledge of IT security concepts and practices is essential
· Understanding of system administration principles
· Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with keen attention to detail
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and have strong customer service orientation
· Self-motivated and directed, yet willing to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Must be able and willing to work flexible shifts as required by customer and mission needs
· Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux is highly desired
· Experience with NGA programs (specifically Library support) and facilities is desired
Shift: 1st shift, flexible
Location: MO - Arnold
Security Clearance: TS/SCI
IA Certification: Security+
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible. MFSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.